Monday, December 27, 2010

Jack Black talks about Gulliver’s Travel

20th Century Fox and Warner Bros. Pictures bring back the 18th century novel of Jonathan Swift entitled Gulliver’s Travel. With a modern touch and humor, Gulliver’s Travel stars Jack Black as Lemuel Gulliver the pretentious mailroom clerk who accidentally entered the island of the Lilliputs. The film is directed Rob Letterman.

Here’s the interview of Jack Black sharing his experience about doing the film Gulliver’s Travel.

Q: What is your character Gulliver like?
Jack Black: “He’s always aspiring for something bigger and better. But he doesn’t have the courage to put himself out there. Fear is his obstacle. But once he gets to Lilliput, he’s like a king. In New York, Gulliver feels really small and wants to do big things, but he’s afraid to make it happen. When he lands in Lilliput, he starts to feel really big, but it’s a feeling based on false pretenses.”

Q: Are you familiar with the book when you were a kid?
Black: “I was fond of the story when I was a kid. But I never read the unabridged version back then; it’s pretty dense material. It’s only fairly recently that I read the actual book. Once they offered it to me, I said yes, and then I read the book and it was a double yes.”


Q: How did you adapt the movie for this generation?
Black: “There is a lot of material in the book that didn’t make it into the movie because there are some very spicy passages. It gets pretty violent and graphic. The original piece is not really for kids; it was a satire for adults.”

Q: Has having children changed you?
Black: “It is extremely rewarding and challenging. They are magical creatures and I love them to death. You need to spend time with them. You can’t just go and work on the computer—you need to give them attention and listen to them and play with them and those crazy pretending games take a lot of energy.”


Q: In the movie, Gulliver relished much fame, are you like him?
Black: “It is always fun to meet new people who have enjoyed my work. Sometimes it can be exhausting if you have had a long day and what would take one minute ends up taking an hour because you have to sign pictures and talk to people but for the most part it is very gratifying. I like it because I am always being thanked and high fived, there is a lot of positivity coming my way.”


Gulliver’s Travel is a live-action family-comedy adventure film. It is 3D and regular format beginning January 8, 2011.

Like this post? Subscribe on my blog by clicking HERE!
Become a Facebook Fan to get more updates from In My Opinion!
You can follow me on Twitter.com/FlowGalindez

Subscribe to my RSS Feed via email! Enter your email address below:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates | Seo Company | Seo Company Australia | Cheap Seo | Sports Live Stream | game cracks | Best Online Game | Download PC Games | List of Hobbies | Graffiti Styles