Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father’s Day to All

It’s been almost 7 years since my father died because of cancer and I am not the only one who lost his/her father in an early age, at first it hard and it takes years or months before we accept and finally moved on with our lives. I remember it was hard for my younger sister to cope with the passing of our dad especially they’re close to him. But one thing I remember on our recovery stage is that my mother stood as a father to ask, doing the same thing what my father is doing except that no one is sitting anymore in the middle of the dinning table or watching late news in the living room. Things had change for us, but along the way we learned something and that is he never truly died, physically yes, but his memory and the usual thing we do in our family remains the same. I celebrate Father’s Day in remembering him as a person who supports me even sometimes we argue a lot because of our contradicting views and opinions in life.

Aside from my father, I also recognize individuals who stood as father and take the responsibility to be one. For leaders who became instant father in their community accepting the challenge to lead the group is a great responsibility. I also wanted to greet all the women like my mother who became a father in their family in the absence of a father and also to men who became super dads taking the role of both mother and father in the family.

Again, I may not fully discuss the great things on what a father should do, and I am sure there are hundreds of words to describe great fathers who sacrifices for their family. But I want to greet all Fathers around the world HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

Bookmark and Share
Subscribe to RSS FeedFollow me on TwitterEmail Me

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates | Seo Company | Seo Company Australia | Cheap Seo | Sports Live Stream | game cracks | Best Online Game | Download PC Games | List of Hobbies | Graffiti Styles